19 July 2024

Farm Plate's Irresistible Allure


My kind of place... my kind of sanctum...

Farm Plate, the tourist spot in Gabawan, Daraga, Albay, was the recipient of this word portrait. This was our final stop coming all the way from Sorsogon City on May 5. 


Minus one kumare and her husband, our party trooped to Farm Plate which has become a favorite hangout among local and foreign tourists when it formally opened to the public in 2018. Conceived and owned by Harry Llaguno, this "Happiest Place in Bicol" had to be explored, dissected and affirmed that it's worthy of this title. 


So upon having my hand stamped at the entrance, I enthusiastically entered this place which I'd now be seeing in actual. I virtually visited Farm Plate before via video conferencing with my high school friends while they're here. But at this very moment, I'd personally be unveiling its unique charisma. 

Nestled in an uphill property, Farm Plate held the promise of great times. Scanning the view before me, I quickly labeled it as an ideal setting for escapists like me even for just a couple of hours. The lush green environment and the breathtaking landscape with private nooks warmly offered a welcome respite from the hectic and stressful city life. 

A sense of tranquility hit me! I could have just remained stationary with my eyes closed while connecting and reconnecting with nature in silence.  

Then, I spotted this little house of worship, touted as Philippines' Smallest Chapel. Cute. I muttered to myself. It was like one of our Christmas village houses which came to life! A loud shout-out to Farm Plate for this zone that can help the spiritual rejuvenation of its visitors!



Continuing our slow ascent, I felt stepping into a cowboy town. There were barns, food stalls, benches, and other decors which one sees in the Old West. The presence of farm animals completed the awesome countryside ambiance. In fact I was a little tempted to yodel like a cowgirl and greet each fellow guest a resounding "Howdy?" *e-laughs* 




Seriously speaking, it's here where I received an unexpected very special treat -- admiring Mayon Volcano's captivating beauty from daytime to dusk time. Standing on the best vantage point, I again gazed at Daragang Magayon in her full glory unlike in September 2023 when her alert status was raised to Level 3.



My readers, do you want a serene and safe rendezvous? Hike and go to Farm Plate and perhaps achieve a jump shot to impress Mayon Volcano. Ha-ha! 




You want to simply bond and be nostalgic about your hilarious good ol' days with your cuckoo friends (not to mention off-the-record muslakan [bashing] session...LOL)? Farm Plate is the answer! It's not only your tummy that will have a fill, but your heart, mind and soul as well.  


As the night slowly crawled, I luxuriated in the changing of hues at Farm Plate. What a sensory delight it was! 

Image Source: Elvie A. Alejo


Image Source: Elvie A. Alejo

Image Source: Marie Bernarde A. Parlade

The different music genres being performed by the two-man band completed the night's party vibe. Farm Plate made me wish to stay longer; however, reality bites. I had to leave the following day. You see, life is indeed too short not to enjoy as much of it as we can. Thus, I continue to treasure each opportunity to maximize my life whatever the result may be. C'est la vie! 


"Your honor, lumaki po ako sa farm." This line of embattled and fugitive Bamban, Tarlac mayor might have been true in my case if earlier on I also had a fantastic HOME like Farm Plate. *winks*


Where were you then, Blue Fairy Godmother?






fin 











 

No comments: